Chicken Caesar Salad PizzaThis Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza is the perfect example of not growing bored with a healthy diet. A base of homemade basil pizza crust is topped with chicken, cheese, Romaine lettuce and of course, Caesar dressing. It's a simple concept but it's so delicious and so good for you.
I first had a chicken Caesar salad pizza when my husband and I were dating. He had taken me to one of his favorite ritzy pizza joints and I jumped when I saw it on the menu. That was six years ago, and to this day, whenever we go to that restaurant, it's the only pizza I order. In fact, I've never had anything but a chicken Caesar salad pizza from there. Oh yeah, it's that good, y'all.
We really made this pizza into a family affair, because Callum (our two-year-old) got involved in the kitchen! It was the first time he'd helped in the kitchen and he was thrilled with it! I made the dough and roughly shaped it and spread a layer of dressing down before letting him help me sprinkle on cheese and cooked chicken.
But he just couldn't help himself and kept nibbling bits of cheese! When he thought I wasn't looking, he bent down to lick the sauce. :) After you make your dough, it's all a matter of assembly. Especially if you buy cooked chicken from the deli counter and prepacked Caesar salad with pre-made dressing.
Ingredients:For the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza
1 cup water at 45C/100F
1 tsp water
1 packet/7g active dry yeast
1 tbsp dried basil
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sugar
2 cups bread flour, sifted
75g shredded Mozzarella
150g cooked chicken breast, sliced
250g prepackaged Caesar salad with Parmesan and dressing
Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza
- Make the pizza dough according to my fail-proof pizza dough instructions. Be sure to add the basil in when you combine the flour, salt and sugar.
- After the second proof, divide the dough into 4 portions and roll out to form an individually portioned pizza.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Spoon on a thin layer of Caesar dressing and top with a handful of sliced cooked chicken and the shredded cheese.
- Bake the pizzas for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Mix the lettuce, remaining chicken and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Dress with a bit of the Caesar dressing.
- Arrange portions of the lettuce over the cooked pizzas. Drizzle more dressing over top and serve.
10 Minute Tom Yum Fish Ball Soup
Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Easy White Wine Mushroom Sauce