Ingredients:For the blueberry freezer jam
1/2 cup water
1 packet pectin
3 cups sugar
300 g blueberries, washed and dried
Note: you do not have to use a canning or traditional jam jar for this recipe. I successfully made my freezer jam in one those clip-close, freezer-friendly plastic containers. You just need a receptacle with a tightly-fitting lid.
- Pulse the blueberries in a food process until finely chopped. Or until your desired level of chopped-ness is reached. :)
- Add sugar
- Mix thoroughly and allow to stand 10 minutes
- Add 1 packet of pectin to a saucepan with water. (Honestly, check the amount of water your packet of pectin requires, as it may very well vary.)
- Cook over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, whisking constanty.
- Add the pectin to the fruit, stir for about 3 minutes in a figure 8 pattern using a wooden spoon to thoroughly mix the fruit with the pectin.
- Pour the jam into your desired container.
- Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or until first use.
- After first use, store in freezer or fridge. I keep mine in the fridge.