My name is Jess and my blog is Hungry Harps. I am so happy to be guest posting today at Anyonita Nibbles, sharing my Banana-Almond Bread with Bacon!
A little about me - since that is what this is all about! I am a 30-something stay at home Mom who lives in Northern California. My husband and I have 4 little ones, ages 5 months to 4 years, that keep me busy - especially in the kitchen! I enjoy cooking comfort food, using the least amount of ingredients possible and including cheese when I can. :) I have slight addictions to coffee, chocolate and Instagram.
I made this bread with ingredients that are favorites around my house - bananas for my sons, almonds for me and bacon for my geeky husband. The word geek is used with love and I encourage EVERYONE to geek out on something they love. :) Anyway, the flavors of this bread are great together and even my kids couldn't get enough.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
5 ½ tablespoons butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup mashed bananas
1 cup sliced almonds, divided
1 cup cooked bacon, chopped
2. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder
3. Beat together butter and sugar until fully combined
4. Slowly add flour mixture
5. Add eggs and mix until combined
6. Fold in bananas, 1/4 cup sliced almonds and 1/4 cup bacon.
7. Pour into loaf pan, sprinkle with remaining sliced almonds and bacon.
8. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
9. Let cool and enjoy!
I would love to meet you - come check me out on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook!
Doesn't that bread look so delicious, y'all?